Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Platform & Rub Rail

I got up early this morning and glued up the second rub rail. It doesn't require a lot of noise to this kind of task so I feel like I won't be disturbing Robin too much. 

 Tonight I continued on with the platform. I searched for 1-1/4" #10 brass screws today. A box of 100 cost $36! Too much. I checked online - $22. I went to Lowes and they didn't have 1-1/4". So I bought decking screws, a box of a couple hundred for $11. They'll work.

I got home and went to it after supper. I finished cutting the two outside planks and proceeded to screw them all back together. It was actually a little tough finding the holes I drilled to make sure the boards wound up in line. Oh, well. Here are the two sections in place.


I added the hinged support and voila!



Here is the platform in the "floor" mode.



I still need to add some kind of bracing under the floor. The plans call for "joists", but I'm not quite sure I'm going to follow that plan since I want the floor to be optional and that would leave the joists as a tripping opstacle. 

I had a few more minutes to work, so I decided to plane and sand the gunnels a bit. Made quite the mess.


Each task done is one step closer to DONE!



No comments:

Post a Comment