Monday, August 15, 2022

Little Stuff

Getting down to the little stuff. Tonight I cut out the padeyes and fairleads. I will clue the padeyes around various points on the boat that I can loop straps through to secure gear. Several others have done it for their CIY's.  I didn't get but a finished pic of them. I routed the wide slot with a 1/2" bit which I ran down the plank twice. I cut two angles on the top side and then sanded them on the inverted belt sander held in the vise. 

They are cut from a piece of mahogany that I had. The slot is 1/4" x 1". That should be big enough for a strap to go through. 

I also made some padeyes. They will go under the inwale and will be used to string a line between the bulkhead taps that can be used to attach fenders and whatever you may need. I figuring I'll run a 3/16" line through them, so I made the hole 1/4". I first drilled the holes, then used a countersink bit to give the holes a little concave shape and then I used a hole saw to cut them out. I sanded them on my belt sander as mentioned above.





I had a few more minutes so I I routed the edges of my gunnel and inwale. 


A productive evening. 





No comments:

Post a Comment