Tuesday, August 3, 2021

The "Lid" Is On

This morning  I took a few minutes to check on last night's work and decided to go ahead and put the "lid" on. I did a little sanding to get rid of the squeeze out and level out the blocks and staves and went to it. 

I figured the butt blocks would hold the plywood side in the correct position in the middle but I didn't want it to slide at the ends so I once again used the dowel trick.

I gooped everything up and put the lid on. I decided to put plastic under the boom as well as over it to make sure nothing stuck to what it wasn't supposed to. I used a 1x4 to put on top and clamp. I thought that would put even pressure on the plywood.

Here ya go:

And a sneak peak under the plastic:

Once that sets up, I'll sand off the squeeze out, and put the router to it. I'll put a 1/4" radius curve on all four corners of the boom. Then I can put some Helmsman on it!


No comments:

Post a Comment