Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Finishing the Tiller

Tonight I finished up the tiller. After taking the clamps off, I sanded down the worst of the squeeze out, ran it thru the band saw twice to get the sides even, ran the router with a 1/2 radius bit over the four corners, and then did some sanding. I think it turned out decent. I cranked out the extensions as well. I’ll think about a hiking stick later.


Here is a "side" shot of the sliver I took off the sides with the band saw. Just enough to even out the sides.




I also put the fourth coat of Helmsman on the boom, so it's done except for drilling some holes for the rigging. That will come later. This is not the best picture. The boom kind of blends in with everything on the work bench, even though it's suspended over it, but it does look nice.

Next step might be scarfing some plywood for planking. Exciting but scary at the same time!


No comments:

Post a Comment