Sunday, April 25, 2021

Ready for Mast Glue-Up

Made final prep tonight for the glue up. Made the last plug which will go in the top of the mast and made some minor adjustments on the mast molds. I had used the chalk line (chalk long gone) earlier. It came to me in the night hours to put the line down the middle of the mast in 2 quadrants. Stretching the line along the top, it was fairly straight side to side because I had done that. When I put it down the side of the mast, it looked a little low in the middle, so I raised a couple molds. It will have to do. 

I also added some OSB to the strong back to make it more usable as a work table. I'll actually use it to coat the staves on 3 sides with epoxy and then to slather thickened epoxy on them just before assembly. Hopefully Monday night.




No comments:

Post a Comment