Thursday, April 22, 2021

Didn't Happen

Well, didn't get the mast glued up. Got home late from church and went out to dinner. Then I came home and cut the backyard. 

I did get in 2 hours on the mast. I decided it was worth the effort to dry-fit the mast again with the molds and do my best to align everything. With the variation in my staves (don't ask me how they come out differently cause I don't know) my diameters are not going to be exact, so Clint's method of alignment is probably not going to work. I used a string and then just "eye-balled" it. I'll look at it again with fresh eyes before I take it down to glue-up. 

It ain't gonna be perfect. Keep saying that but it's true and I have to live with it. Question is can I be satisfied? You want a straight stick! We'll see. 

Hopefully get her done is a few days. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment