Monday, April 26, 2021

Mast is Glued Up!

It's finally done! The mast is glued up!! Now all we have to do is wait and see how it turns out.

I've been nervous all day today, as nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs. I knew tonight I would be gluing up the mast and I knew a lot was riding on it. I've spent a lot of hours on this thing and I just hope it turns out ok. 

It was a messy ordeal. I gooped her up good. A lot of squeeze out. 

In the morning I'm going to take off the hose clamps and put my belt sander to it before the epoxy cures beyond easy sanding. I might try to get that bench plane going before the sander; or maybe that power planer  - yea, that might be the trick. 

I'm guessing I'll have a few gaps that will need filling. My first birdsmouth mast did. I never had trouble with it but then again, I didn't push it hard. Don't plan to push this one hard either but it's 70% longer than the first. 

Fingers crossed.








No comments:

Post a Comment