Wednesday, October 20, 2021

The Verdict is In!

I have spent the last 2 work sessions working on a dummy plank to see how accurate my second effort at spiling was. When I say 2 sessions, I mean 4 hours! This is slow work!!

After making a new spiling batten out of the $10 piece of damaged underlayment I bought, I took the rest of the sheet, ripped it down the middle, epoxied it end to end (hot glue didn't work - my glue gun won't put out enough glue at one time) and transferred new dimensions to it. I cut it out and laid it on the molds. It looks pretty close. I believe it's going to work. 



It may be off a little, but not enough to worry with. My biggest issue was cutting it out. Since I'm only going to do one plank at the time, I may try that Rotozip again. Once I get the hang of this, the planking should move a little faster. 



No comments:

Post a Comment