Saturday, October 23, 2021

Temporary Work Table

Trying to cut these planks out on the driveway is way too hard! These cuts need to be precise, smooth cuts and that's not possible on the ground. I decided to cut my pallet in half and make a temporary work table. Today I cut out my first plank #2. It was sooooo much better cutting on that table. The plank turned out nice. 

Here's the table.


Here's some work on plank #2. First is the temporary joint in the two pieces of my spiling batten. It's just held together with a small amount of hot glue. I can't afford to let that bond break so while working with it, I clamped it tight. I did take the clamps off when I was transferring the points to my plywood.


Plank #2 getting marked. 


I used the Rotozip for the cut. It worked well. I did break a bit halfway through the second side of the plank, but they are not too expensive. The set I bought has several in it. 

The plank is currently lying loosely on the molds. It looks like a very good fit.  First of the week I'll glue it up and then it's on the plank #2 on the other side of the boat. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment