Wednesday, October 6, 2021

A Bottle Jack! What?

Tonight I epoxied the trunk to the hull. Now mind you, the hull is upside down, it was a bit tricky. I actually played with the setup last night for a while and went back tonight and actually did it.

Here's where the bottle jack comes into play. I had to have something to hold it up against the bottom, so I cut a 2x2 the appropriate length and used the jack to snug it up along with a clamp and one ratchet strap. Here ya go:



 Oh, the piece of board in the strap is to take up some of the strap to keep the ratchet away from the trunk.

I used a carpenter's square and a tri-square to get it as straight and plumb as possible. It aligned with the slot pretty well. I did have to fill one end about 1/4" and trim the other about 1/8". 

Next I'll fiberglass the bottom three planks.

No comments:

Post a Comment