Tuesday, September 7, 2021

A Quick Peek

I'm not quite ready to set up the molds, but I'm close. I just had to take a quick peek to see what it's going to look like. After about 4 & 1/2 hours of working on it today, here's where I'm at.


I need to do the preliminary bevel on the stem, cut the notch in that first mold for the stem and do some careful alignment before I fasten the molds down. This is where some precision comes in. I hope I've been careful enough. Honestly, I'm quite nervous about the fit of all the parts.

I do plan to ask Clint a question about the last mold at the stern. I don't see why I can't use the bulkhead. It's position is almost exactly that of the 6th mold. He is on vacation so it will have to wait. I'll find plenty to work on til then. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment