Tuesday, September 21, 2021

A Hole in My Boat!

Tonight I cut a hole in my boat! Say what?! Really. I cut my daggerboard slot. That's a hole. I carefully checked and measured the size and location of the trunk and cut the slot with a 1/4" drill bit and jig saw. Looks good.


I also cut out some "arms" to make a "compass" which I will use to spile my planks. I snipped the heads of two small nails to use as my points. Should work. I just need to pick up a bolt with a wing nut. 


I also trimmed the keel plank at the transom. The jig saw has an adjustable base which helped me cut that plank on an angle close to the angle of the transom bevel. A little sanding and voila!


Lastly, I planed the keel plank into the stem for a smooth transition. Now just waiting on the garboard planks!








No comments:

Post a Comment