Thursday, July 8, 2021

Midship Frame & DB

I spent an hour and 45 minutes redrawing the midship frame onto the lumber that I glued up yesterday morning. Yep, it took a while. I used a batten to draw the curved line.

Like the transom, when I glued it up, it got a little "off plane". I guess pulling on it with the small clamps did that. I don't think it will be a problem. I plan to put "doublers" over the joint. 


I also spent 5 minutes sanding off the fiberglass overlap on the daggerboard. A few imperfections that I can clean up. I think this board will be ok as well. Might not be as strong as better ply, but, again, I don't plan to abuse it. 

Here are a few pics of the board with the imperfections. Trying to glass both sides at the same time presented its challenges.







Came back this evening and cut out the midship frame and the "doublers" to cover the joint and one of those knots. The one on the left is a bit longer because it's covering that knot. They're ready to be glued up in the morning.


I also sanded out the rough spots on the daggerboard. I'll probably put a coat of epoxy on it in the morning also. 



No comments:

Post a Comment