Friday, July 16, 2021

Epoxy Work

I did some epoxy work this morning. Didn't take but an hour or so. I put a coat on the second side of the daggerboard and glued a piece of fiberglass to the bottom of the board.

I also glued the doublers on the bulkheads, put a second coat of epoxy on the inside of the trunk, and laminated the rudder blade. Here's a shot of the strongback/work table.

In the process one of the clamp handles came off. Hoping it's just a nut and bolt. I found what appears to be a nut on the floor.

Here's a shot of two doublers. Notice the 2 small holes. I used the technique of drilling a 1/8" hole through the pieces while clamped and before gluing and putting a dowel in the hole to assure proper alignment. Saves having to fiddle with an epoxy coated board and having any slippage. Works great.


That's all for today. Next I'll be finishing the cut out of the rudder blade. I bought a set of bits for my Rotozip. Hope it can be used to cut the curve in the rudder blade and matching curve in the head. I also want to finish the daggerboard including painting so I can glue up the trunk. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment