Thursday, July 22, 2021

Just 1 Hour Today

I just put in one hour tonight. I sanded the rudder head and blade and then put a coat of epoxy on the blade. It's all coming along nicely; however, I'm not quite sure I like the looks of the tapered blade which is made from meranti ply. The dark lines look burned. I may wind up painting the blade and leaving the head, which is okoume, bright. We'll see. 

The blade is coated on both sides. It's sitting on a board with nails in it. It will leave small impressions in the epoxy on the underside, but they'll sand out.


I'm real happy with how the head turned out. The Rotozip did an excellent job. Do I see some finger marks on that blade? LOL. I guess that's where I handled it gluing it up yesterday. No matter, I'm going to coat it with epoxy anyway.




No comments:

Post a Comment