Monday, November 21, 2022

Oh, The Details of Rigging!

I spent three and one half hours today working on the mainsail's rigging: lashings, reef loops, reefing lines, halyard, lazy jacks, etc. I actually ran out of line. It takes far more than you think. I have some old line that should do, at least temporarily. I also went with the 1/8" line for the lazy jacks. Hopefully that will do though I had planned on 3/16" line. I used my spectra (only ordered about 12') for the tack lashing and downhaul lashing, two places I thought the low stretch would do the most good. I have one more lashing to go on the boom for the mainsheet and the bleater. Once the mast is up, I'll rig the downhaul. I have yet to hoist the mizzen and rig the boomkin with mizzen sheet. Again, I have some old line that should work. I lashed the mainsail to the yard a few days ago. Still waiting on the fit for leathering the yard and boom (I may add leather to the mast instead).

Just a few pics. 

Sail lashed to yard, boom and mast laid out.


Outhaul rigged. Not sure I like that clam cleat. Might switch to a horn cleat.


Tack lashed to boom with reefing loop in place on the second reef.


Mast and yard showing halyard arrangement.


Hoping to launch Friday, but the forecast is sketchy. We'll see. 



No comments:

Post a Comment