Monday, November 14, 2022

A Little More Outfitting

I'm just about finished setting the boat up for rigging. I did the boom tonight and finished off the yard.

Here is the aft end of the boom. The eye strap is for the outhaul which will run from the strap to the clew, back to the cheek block and up to the clam cleat on the side of the boom a little forward of the aft end. There will be a carabiner on the end of the outhaul which will clip on to the clew (or a loop tied to either of the reef cringles if reefing). The hole is for tying off the mainsheet to the boom.   


Here is the clam cleat on the boom. 


Here is the forward end of the boom. The tack of the sail will be lashed to this end. 


I also cleaned up the end of the yard that I had to repair with some epoxy. It turned out fine. 

All I have left to do is finish up the mast partner, attach a clam cleat for the boomkin and eye bolt for the mizzen, figure out my bungee cord for the rudder and then rig the sails!!!

I ordered the correct size eye strap today along with a carabiner and 12' of 1/8" spectra line. The eye strap is for the partner, the carabiner for the outhaul, and the spectra for whatever I can imagine where low stretch line is a must - perhaps some of the lashing. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment