Sunday, October 2, 2022

Trailer & Boat Prep

I'm hoping to put the boat on the trailer tomorrow (Sunday). Today I spent the afternoon/evening doing final prep work for that move. 

First, I went about getting some measurements on the shape of the boats bottom. It is not going to sit flat on the trailer plank. I wanted to see where the pressure points would be and if I could spread the load around. I wound up making two wedges to take up what would be "air space" if not filled. Hopefully these will give the bottom more direct contact with the plank on the trailer. They taper from about 1/2" to 0" for one and from 11/16" to 1/8" for the other. I had hoped to get a little more done but ran out of daylight.



I also felt like I needed to get the aluminum runners on the bottom of the boat. Once it's on the trailer that would be tough. I'd like to keep those sacrificial wooden strips from getting scraped up and eventually rotting. Hoping this will help.  A lot of people use brass but that's mucho mulla! There are four pieces.



I've picked up some indoor/outdoor carpet. It shouldn't take but a few minutes to cut it and tack it to the trailer plank tomorrow before we put the boat on it. I don't have the bunks done, but that can come on Monday. I'll also have to jockey my boats and trailers around before moving the boat. 



No comments:

Post a Comment