Friday, October 21, 2022

Couple Minor Things

We've been on a quick trip to Indianapolis. Got back this afternoon about 5:00. We ate some supper and I decided to fiddle with the boat.

I finished the mast step and tried to fit the boomkin. It was binding in the transom, so I took my rough file and worked a few of the edges and sanded a side of the boomkin that was "dragging". I also sanded the bottom edge of the boomkin so it would slide into the strap. It fits nicely now with just a bit of friction which it's supposed to have.




Then I took a look at the swing room for the rudder. I knew it was hitting a bit when I attached the rudder. A couple shavings with the chisel and she can swing a full arc now.



I'll need to do a little touchup painting but that will be easy.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment