Monday, October 31, 2022

Tiller Extension

I've known that I was going to have to make a tiller extension sometime. Not a big project, but a necessary one. I knocked it out in a couple afternoons.

Before I put the tiller on the boat, I marked my bench top with its curve. I screwed down some small blocks, cut three strips of 1/4” ply 3/4” wide by 30” long, and glued them up. Once cured, I routed the edges with a 1/4” roundover bit, did some final sanding and voila: I have a strong extension. I’ll probably attach it with a piece of line or bungee cord and maybe some Velcro on the outer end. Hoping to do the sail this week. I ordered a few remaining pieces of hardware and line last night. I do have a big problem though. I discovered a huge issue with my house: HUGE. Trying to figure out if it can wait two weeks while I finish the boat. Me-o-me-o-my!





No comments:

Post a Comment