Monday, October 3, 2022

Boat on Trailer!

Sunday afternoon we moved the boat to the trailer! What a milestone! One of the last ones except of course the launch!

I had to put the carpet on the plank, but that wasn't too big a deal. 

We weren't able to move it until after the evening church service, so we did it in the dark. Here she it:


Today I spent seven hours (that's right - 7 HOURS!) working on the trailer bunks and supports. What a grueling task. It took 3 hours to do the back two bunks. After lunch I worked on the front ones and never got them done. I'm up to plan "D". Will try that tomorrow. I think it will work. I did manage to get a forward support installed. Trying to do this on the cheap so I used what I had. I thought that would be easy but everything I did was wrong! Ugh! Finally got it together, but the the roller doesn't role. I may try to loosen up the blocks of wood so that it will. The blocks are too close together. Another layer of plywood between the blocks and the tongue should fix that. 




We'll see how these work. They really done have to carry any weight. They just keep the boat upright. The aft ones are between the aft bulkhead and first floor timber so it should be fairly strong. The second ones are right at the midship frame so they too should be sturdy. The adjustments to the plank seem to be about right. I think I have a good bit of contact from the skeg up to the daggerboard slot. I think I'm going to be ok. I'll certainly give the arrangement a test drive before any serious travel. 

I need to install the winch post and winch and then the jack stand, then I'll be finished the trailer for a while (I hope). 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment