Thursday, July 28, 2022

Planing Floorboards

I was hoping someone who had a planer would come to my rescue and help me with the floor boards. I tried planing a trial board yesterday and it worked pretty well so I decided to go ahead and plane the boards myself with my hand held power planer. 

Here's the setup. Notice the 3 four stops: 2 on each side and one on the end. A couple boards had a little bend and I had to clamp down the ends.


Here's the pile of shavings left over. I had to shave off about 1/8" from each board. I planed off the rough side of the cedar boards. I'm actually going to use those sides as the ones I'll turn up. 


Since I had to make two rows of passes with the power planer, I sometimes had a slightly uneven edge between the two passes. A little sanding took care of that.

 I'll shoot a pic of the boards set up on the boat later.



No comments:

Post a Comment