Saturday, July 16, 2022

Furniture Installed!

Over the last week I have put two coats of urethane in the inside of the tanks and glued down the tops with fillets. 







I recut the deck plates. The first ones seemed just too loose after the width of the rotozip bit. I cut two that still weren't big enough and finally got the radius correct. Here are the left overs:


And here is a comparison of the two sizes of plates. Not a big difference but it's there.



And finally I have the side benches installed. I decided to leave them one piece instead of a removable section. It's simpler, it will make the hull just a bit stiffer and two good guys who have built CIY 16's recommended that I do it that way. They never use the removable seat. 



Here's a closeup of the fillet in one of the benches and another of the two benches.



Now I just need to build a support under the benches. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment