Monday, April 11, 2022

Strongback Lowered

Now that I've turned the boat over, it is too high for me to work inside the hull. The solution? Lower the strongback. This was a fairly easy task. It took me an hour to make some temporary legs and install them along with two cinderblocks. I then shortened the real legs by 12". 


On Sunday afternoon, after dinner, I took my work crew down to the shop for some heavy lifting. Ric suggested that we use some 2x's to lift the boat and strongback. Good idea! Two on one end and two on the other. When they lifted, I quickly went around the boat and removed the temporary legs, which were held on by just 2 screws each, and they lowered the strongback. Presto! Done. 


Now I'll be able to work on the inside of the hull much better!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment