Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Forward Bulkhead

I spent about 5 hours today working on fitting the forward bulkhead. As built, I did not fit. I had to cut it way down. My suggestion to Clint would be to make it one of the molds, along with the aft bulkhead, and presto! You got it. 

I took the mold from the forward section, cut it back a couple inches all the way around and used it as a blank. Then I hot-glued pieces into place to get the right sizing.




Next I placed it on the previously made bulkhead and cut it to the indicated size. I beveled the bulkhead, which was probably the hardest park of the process, and did a lot of fine tuning. I fidgeted with it's placement a long time trying to get it plumb and square. We all know how that usually works out! I think I'm as close as I'm going to get. 

Here it is ready to glue up.


The "horns" had to be cut way down below the inwales. Not quite sure why such a big discrepancy between Clint's plan and what I came up with. Oh, well. 

I will try and glue it in place in the morning. 



No comments:

Post a Comment