Friday, April 22, 2022

Interior Work Continues

I've spent several more hours on the interior. This is very exciting! I'm getting closer and closer to fitting out the interior with thwarts, flotation chambers etc. 

I've glued down 6 fiberglass strips over the bottom two joints and beefed up the laps. There were a few gaps and I felt a small fillet in them wouldn't hurt anyway. 



I also glued up the quarterknees. I've yet to sand them flush.


I may glue down 2 more strips in the front though I don't think it is as vulnerable as the back half of the boat. Then I'll glue down that full layer of fiberglass over the back pictured in the previous post.

All in all, the work has gone faster than I expected on this phase. Pretty soon I'll be installing those bulkheads I built months ago!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment