Sunday, January 24, 2021

West Point Lake (Oct 2015)

I'm writing this account 5 years after the event, so the details will be sketchy. 

During the months of living in Fayetteville I was between churches, so I had plenty of time on my hands (when I wasn't helping with our newborn granddaughter, Summer Belle). I was eager to try out different sailing destinations. West Point Lake was an easy drive from there, so I took a pretty weather window and drove down for an overnighter. 

It was a beautiful day and I made my way down Interstate 85 the hour or so drive down to my chosen launch site which was off Rt 109 just on the east side of the lake.

Arrived:

It was a beautiful day on the lake.


I sailed around the lake for the afternoon enjoying the breeze and pretty fall day. Here is a link to a brief video I made.

When the day was done, I retrieved Little Bit and checked into a campground. I was not about to try sleeping on the boat again after my three seconds of terror.  Just as the day had been near perfect, so was the evening.


Day broke to a crisp, mist covered scene. Not too misty for the fishermen though.



Here's a picture of camp with Little Bit wrapped up. 


Before leaving the camping area, I walked along the shoreline. With the lake level down to winter pool level, there was a lot exposed.



I drove over to a trailhead and hiked down to the dam and back. Some beautiful scenery and there was a nice picnic area near the dam as well. 

 





Then it was homeward bound. A great outing.


No comments:

Post a Comment