Sunday, January 24, 2021

Camping on Ocoee Lake with Pixie (Nov 2011)

Out of order chronologically here, but I'm trying to upload some more of my adventures. 

I've taken several camping trips up to Ocoee Lake. This was the first one and I did it while I still had Pixie, my self-designed 7'6" sailing dinghy. I did not sail on this occasion, rather I simply stowed my gear and rowed across the lake. This is all part of Cherokee National Forest and camping is allowed. 

I made a stop at the dam on the way to the ramp. It was beautiful fall weather and the trees were colorful.


Pixie was pretty small so she was tight when loaded for an overnight trip.


Here we are rowing away from the launch ramp.


Here is a picture of camp taken from down the shoreline a ways. This particular spot has obviously been used by others. On this occasion there was even a "pallet table" which was pretty convenient. That's my old Gaz stove. I guess I've had that since I was teenager. It has been a great backpacking stove. To be quite honest, I go camping so seldom (wish it were more often) that the canister is old too. It's the last one I have and I can't find them anywhere. I have purchased a replacement which I've yet to use. 



Looking across the lake, the colors were quite pretty.


I did a little hiking on day two before rowing back and calling it a wrap. 


Ocoee is not far away but it makes for a great getaway for some peace and solitude. 

No comments:

Post a Comment