Sunday, January 24, 2021

Ocoee (April 2020)

One final entry to catch up on the Ocoee camping trips. This one happened to be in the spring. Still pretty chilly though. 

Though the weather was like the previous two trips, there was no color this time. 


 Gone were the pallet table and jumping platform.


This time I pitched my tent up the hill a little on an old overgrown road bed.



I took a couple nighttime shots. Notice my beard. I've never had a full beard but grew this one just before this trip in memory of my dad who passed away on Easter, April 12, 2009. 2020 will be the last time in my lifetime that Easter will fall on 4/12. Dad loved having a beard. 



I really enjoyed my time "exploring" on this trip. Here are several pics of the creek that runs down the mountain into the lake at the tip of this cove. 








I had some good reading material too. Besides my Bible which is on my phone, I took along an issue of Small Craft Adviser, a great magazine. 


Here is my tent and sleeping bag packed up and ready for the trip home. This was the first time to use this sleeping bag and it was pretty comfortable though it wasn't bitter cold. 


And here's another good pic of Little Bit. I love the way the light is hitting her in the photo. 


Can't wait to return!


No comments:

Post a Comment