Saturday, September 10, 2022

Three Coats

Three coats and I'm calling the brightwork done (I do have to put a coat on one side of the rudder blade - 5 minute job). Twelve hours total not counting the sanding to get it ready, just the sanding between coats.

The finish has tiny bubbles in it. Rats! Maybe a foam brush would have been better. Little Bit had such a good finish on her. Maybe later I can try again. If I can only get the seats and tank tops to look good... 

Here are my deck plate buttons - four per plate.


That mahogany sure looks good! Would have been nice to have some more. I actually made my quarter knees out of it and they look good too.


And here's the boat. The brightwork will show up much better once the hull interior is painted.


Here's the workbench with some small pieces of the boat: tank top, rudder pieces, deck plates, buttons, tiller, tiller extensions, daggerboard plug and mast gate. 


I'm going to experiment with the primer and white a little bit. I'd like a good finish on it. Hopefully I can get it done this week. 

The following week I'd like to maybe take the boat to Dayton for "The Gathering", an annual messabout of Glen-L boat builders. I'll have to get a few things done though, like insurance, the trailer done, and maybe registration. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment