Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Primer and Posts

Took a day off from work and got in a full day on the boat. Still thinking I'd like to take her to Dayton for the Glen-L Gathering.

I had put down a coat of primer on the floor. Today I put down one full coat on the entire interior. And, boy, is my back sore. Also got a headache and nausea from painting "upside down". You've almost got to be a contortionist to get to some of the nooks and crannies on this boat. I had hoped to finish the primer tonight, but I spent too much time on the mast posts.

Here she is after the coat on the floor.


And here she is as of tonight.


I'm going to need a way to transport the mast. I saw posts like these on a thread on the WBF by a guy who is building a Fulmar. I liked them so used some of my scrap ply and lumber salvaged from the buildings next to church and built some for myself. I think they're going to work great. 



You might notice that the two are not alike. The ply and stock lumber are reversced. When I started I was measuring the diameter of the mast and matched the cradle of the posts to that. However, I figured the measurement on the outside of the post! Eeek! So I had to scrap some of the pieces and finagle the others a bit. Once they're painted, only the most observant would ever notice. 

I may get up in the morning and do the final primer coat. That would mean Thursday and Friday would be the finish coats of the Glidden Porch and Floor enamel. 

I called about adding the boat to my insurance and we're getting that taken care of. I should register to boat as well. And I still have to figure out the trailer. 



No comments:

Post a Comment