Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Tiller Slot

I felt like I needed to cut out that tiller slot before painting, so I tackled that last night. I used a 2” hole saw, jig saw and some sandpaper. Dumb me did some poor math in my head (remember your math teacher insisting you check your work?). My first two holes were an inch too close. So to cut another two holes. I made a guide to hold my hole saw in place, since I was only cutting out part of a hole. Worked pretty well. 




I also tacked down a guide when I did my jig cut. 


After an hour and a half it turned out reasonably well. 



I also took the belt sander to my daggerboard where I had added that epoxy. It squared off the top end. Not sure how I will paint that though??? I was thinking I would paint the board and leave the keeper boards bright. The top edge might look funny. Ummm?


Hoping to get the skeg done later this week and begin the 6-7 coats on the hull next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment