Saturday, January 1, 2022

The Skeg

I haven't been able to get in a lot of time but I have managed to work on the skeg.

Yesterday I cut out and laminated 4 pieces of ply in a long triangular shape from which I could cut out the skeg. You can't really see the shape in these pictures but you get the idea.


This morning I scribed the curve, cut out the skeg, sanded it up a bit and glued it down.




When the epoxy sets up, I'll go back and put a good fillet on it. 

Not far from coating this baby!!

Addendum:

Added the fillet.


It's not the prettiest fillet. I made it with straight "wood flour" which is "home grown"; i.e. I harvest it from my own cutting. It is too coarse, really; so the fillet is rough. I will not use it on the interior. Guess I'll have to order some. I did run the stuff through a finer strainer once and had better results, but it is a time consuming process. 





No comments:

Post a Comment