Thursday, December 2, 2021

Planking Complete!!!!

 I glued up my last plank this morning!!!! 


It was not without some difficulty however. After doing the front half of the plank, I looked back at the aft portion and it wasn't hitting right. Ugh! Why? Why? Why? It sat very nicely on the "arms" beforehand. Anyway, I took it loose and redid it.

One issue I had with this one that was exactly the same as the other plank #5 is that it didn't hit the midship frame. It was 1/2" inch off. Since both were identical, I guess this should have been expected. In the end, I'll fill the gap with epoxy and try to forget it. It will be ok. 

Now on to filling a zillion holes, sanding, sanding, and a little more sanding, then primer and finally a couple coats of finish paint. I think I'm going to roll and tip like I did Little Bit. I've given some thought to spraying. We'll see. 

Friday: after giving the epoxy a little time to cure (I'm using slow hardener), I went out and removed the batten, trimmed the bow and hit the rough edges with the the sander. Here ya go:


I have a boat! It surely doesn't qualify as the GOAT, so I have no rights to gloat; but I do believe that she'll float!



No comments:

Post a Comment