Friday, June 11, 2021

I Can Smell the Varnish

(Urethane actually) I spent 2 and 1/2 hours last night and 1/2 hour this morning getting the spars and oars ready for painting. Oh, and I'll be using Helmsman Spar Urethane. It worked great on my previous boats and I see no reason to change. 

I cleaned up the workshop, sanded my final repair on the yard, and ran over everything with my hand sander with 150 grit paper. 

I'm so aware of the level of quality of my work (I'd give myself a C, if I were grading). Final sanding and inspection makes it all very apparent, but it will have to do. I must move on. Besides, I just don't know how I can do much better with what I have w/o starting over and I can't do that. I'm sure that once everything is finished, I'll be content. And that's a good thing.

I "suspended" every piece so that I could rotate them and coat them completely. I will have to fill the small nail holes in the ends of each piece but that will be easy.

A few pics.






No comments:

Post a Comment