Monday, June 7, 2021

Back to Work

After a week of no work on the boat, I'm back at it. Tiffany came for her annual summertime visit on her way to Florida. With her here with the 3 kiddos, it was fitting that I take a break and visit. 

But tonight I got in an hour and a half. I'm still working on the oars. I spent my time tonight working on the handles, some shaping and sanding, although I did spend a few minutes planing a couple "hard" spots on the looms.

I weighed the oars again. They both are coming in at 4.4 lbs. Not sure how this compares to professionally built oars, but it seems reasonable to me. 

I need to do a final sanding on the oars and then I think I'll be ready for some Helmsman! My goal is to get the oars and spars done this week. We'll see.



No comments:

Post a Comment