Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Boat Turned!

After weeks of indecision and the kitchen remodel at church, we have finally turned the boat. With a ready made crew, which are with us most Sunday afternoons, we turned her Sunday.

The hull is not very heavy. I'm going to guess maybe 80 pounds. Ric and I probably could have turned it, but I wanted some "insurance". 

Here's the crew: Tara, Ric, Luke and myself. Robin was the photographer.


And here she goes over.


I did have a little trouble with the 4" pipe overhead. We had to step the boat toward Ric so that a narrower part of the beam was under the pipe. I hadn't figured that 5' beam! But it was an easy solution. 


I wanted to be careful and get her on the cradle squarely.


And here is a view of the  unfinished interior. Those lines are beautiful. And look at that transom!


And now to get back into the routine of working on her several nights a week. First on the agenda is the gunwale, inwale and rub strips. After that I will probably cut the legs on the strongback so that I can reach the interior without too much strain. I'll be running two strips of glass tape down the keel plank garboard joints, glassing the sole with 8 oz glass from the midship back to the rear thwart, cleaning up the epoxy squeeze out at the laps and then putting a thin fillet at those same laps. 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment