Friday, March 25, 2022

Back to Work

After literally a month with no work done (except to turn the boat), I'm back at it. Yesterday morning I cut out the wood for the gunwale and inwale. I salvaged quite a few board feet of cedar from the building next to the church before they tore it down. I figured why not use it. It may not be the prescribed wood, though some say use what you've got, but I'm going to go ahead and use it. After all, it was free! It does have a few knots in it, but hopefully it will make the fairly gentle curve of the sheer without breaking. 

I ripped the pieces on the table saw and cut the scarfs on the band saw with the guide I made way back when I was scarfing the pieces for the spars. 

Not much to show in the way of pics but here they are epoxied together. 



  I did run into a glitch. My pump is gooped up. It seems the epoxy has thickened up. I got two new pumps when I ordered more epoxy but I can't seem to find them. They say, if you heat up the stuff, it will dissolve the thickened epoxy. We'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment