Monday, February 7, 2022

I'm Encouraged!


Well, I have been fretting over it. I want a good finish!

I went down tonight to check to see if the primer has cured enough to sand. It's close. It's rolling up a bit but not clogging the sandpaper. And the surface is coming up fairly smooth! At least as far as I can tell. I went over a plank and a half. It's looking decent to my eye. 

I'm going to wait another couple days and then see if I can sand the whole boat (might leave the sheer strake). Maybe I can get a 5' boat after all!!! 



Update: I went down again. Things are still the same. The big problem is that, if one of the little rolls of paint gets caught under the sander, it smashes it into the surface leaving a hump of sorts which is proving not easy to sand or scrap out. 

This is going to be a long process. 

I think I'm going to build my sail and just give this primer more time to set up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment