Thursday, January 13, 2022

Time for Sanding

I finished the 3 coats of epoxy. It did not turn out very smooth. It seemed like it wanted to bubble. Might make for an enjoyable sanding party.



 I also glued the runners on. Now to decide if I want to cover them with something like aluminum flat-bar to keep them from getting scrapped up too badly. The guys on the forum have suggested brass half-round or another product known as UHMW. I'm still thinking that the flat-bar will be the cheapest, easiest to get and install. I do think I'll put the brass on the stem. 




Time for sanding. I went out Tuesday night and sanded half the hull and the transom. I used 80 grit followed by 120 grit. Every 1/3 plank or so I have to unclog the sandpaper, but it's coming. 

I got ill Tuesday night. I suspect I have covid. Getting a test this afternoon. Might be a few days before I get back to the boat. 



No comments:

Post a Comment