Saturday, November 13, 2021

Plank #3

Yesterday and today I finished the prep and glued up my first #3 plank. I had to cut the gains, bevel the stem a little more, bevel the lower edge of the plank and double check the positioning. 

I shaved a little too much off the plank #2 at the stem. I tried to leave some extra on plank #3 but didn't succeed. I gooped the gain up with extra epoxy. Should be ok. 

All went pretty well, I guess. I'm getting a little better with the sandwich bag method of applying epoxy. My consistency was good today. When I began screwing down the batten, it seems my alignment got off. I had to undo/redo a couple screws or so. I guess that just means I'll have a few more holes to fill. As I neared the transom, it seemed low. A little pressure seemed to do the trick. 

Here she is:


I got two planks hung this week. That's not going to happen every week. Christmas will still be my goal to finish planking. 


No comments:

Post a Comment