Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Work Bench Built

I guess this is the last step in preparation for the boat build. I had previously cleared out my workspace (which is nothing more than a gigantic crawl space under my house) which is 10' x 32" with a ceiling height of more than 7'. I put on my Christmas and birthday wish list a few tools which I received. I just needed a work bench, so last night I knocked that out. 

I found a nice piece of 3/4" plywood for $15 that a guy was selling as he cleaned out a "workshop". Also bought 2 pieces of 1/2" for $10 each to use as molds for the build. Dropped over to Lowes last night around 6:30 and bought two 2x4's each 16' long and two 2x4x10', one of them treated (the one that will be in contact with the floor). I also bought a package of 4 wedge anchors 1/2" x 4", which came with a concrete bit, and a box of #12 wood screws. 

By 10:30 p.m. I was done! Here's the finished bench.

I cut the 4' x 8' sheet of plywood right down the middle and made a 2' x 16' bench. That will be long enough to build my 17' mast (a little overhang wont hurt) and other spars as well as other jobs, eventually acting as a bench/shelf. 

Next step: BUILD THE BOAT!


No comments:

Post a Comment