Friday, March 12, 2021

Plans have arrived!

The plans for the CIY 16 arrived today. Clint had already sent me a link to the files but the hard copies have arrived including the Building Guide which I already printed from the file. The plans are on 17" paper so I was not able to print those.


All I can say is WOW! Clint is so detail oriented and what great drawings! This is going to stretch me. It's going to be a challenge. I'm thinking 500 hours will not be enough. I was figuring a spring/summer 2022 launch. That might be ambitious the way these plans look. But we'll see. Maybe once I get the hang of it, it'll move along. He estimates 400-600 hours from the kit depending on fit and finish. Of course, I'm building strictly from plans. 

Here are a few pages from the plans to give you and idea of what they are like.






Well? What's say we go and build a boat!!!!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment