Thursday, May 5, 2022

More Interior Work

On Monday I cut out the bedlogs and trunk trim. I'm waiting to glue them up until I have more to glue. I also need to cut the notches that the midship thwart support will rest upon.  

On Tuesday I began work on the forward trunk top. That's quite a job measuring, fitting etc. I've spent several hours on it already. I think I've just about got it. Before glueing it all up, I need to cut out and glue up my deck plate. That will be interesting. I might use some scrap plywood for the doubler on that.

I started with a scrap piece of ply, cut out some tickler sticks and hot-glued them to the ply. The fit was pretty decent. In the third picture you can see some temporary boards that I used to get the proper plane for the top. 

Not pictured is a support beam that I'll glue in before I glue down the top. I've also cut out the cleats that the top will rest upon. I'll also have to epoxy coat the flotation chamber and probably paint it as well. 

One more thing I'll do is shape the back edge of the top. It over-hangs the bulkhead by several inches and will be the platform for the mast partner. It will have a curve to it and a half-circle cut out the same diameter as the mast. 







We're moving along!



No comments:

Post a Comment