Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Didn't Have Fun

Dateline: September 1, 2023


Did I really say that?

I did.

I took Disciple Ship out for a brief time yesterday. Hadn't been out in a month (my super moon outing). Forecast was for 8 mph winds. (I really needed to be out on Wednesday on the back edge of Idalia with steady NE winds in the 11-13 mph range but Weds don't work for me).

I didn't leave the house until 2:00. I was tired when I left. Got out and the winds were just so erratic. Wind, no wind, from here, from there. I'm getting old. My 68th year is not being kind. Not as much energy. Hips and shoulders hurting. It was hot (though not as hot as last week when I didn't dare). I had maybe two good puffs. Other than that... Really didn't feel like rowing.

I get frustrated with inland lake winds. Yesterday it just hit me wrong.

I don't mean to be negative, but it is what it is. No pretending.

The Hunter is waiting to try out the new Honda 2.3. Got to work out the trailer issues first. I do want to do the TN River gorge this year - the whole 30 miles. Never done it before. When the leaves turn, I'll take 2 days to do it with my wife. I think she'll be up to it.

As fall approaches, I'll be looking for some steady breezes, maybe some fronts coming through. I also plan to go up to Lake Ocoee and camp on the far shore of the lake which has me inside of Cherokee National Forest and free/legal camping. I've enjoyed several of those trips in the past.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment